Cycling Open Data portal
The portal provides the most comprehensive collection of cycling data of its kind in Scotland.
The portal can support research, policy and decision making at all levels by providing clear data to make evidence-based choices.
Open and collaborative
The portal operates using open data principles meaning that it is openly accessible, manipulable, editable, and shared by anyone for any purpose.
Users can add their own cycling data and support the portal to become more comprehensive over time.
What data does the portal contain?
- Real time automatic cycle counter data from Cycling Scotland’s National Monitoring Framework, local authorities, Sustrans, Scottish Canals, the Scottish Trunk Road Network, and other active travel organisations.
- Real time walking data from Cycling Scotland’s National Monitoring Framework, local authorities, Sustrans, and other active travel organisations.
- Cycling statistics from the Scottish Household Survey, Sustrans, Living Streets Scotland and Transport Scotland.
- Traffic survey data from across Scotland.
- Cycling Scotland programme data including: Bikeability Scotland, the Big Count, YouGov Surveys, and the Cycling Friendly awards.